National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dishwasher/Food Sanitation Worker
at National Jewish Health
Performs cleaning and sanitizing of all food preparation and meal service equipment following standards and procedures established by the department to safeguard the health of staff, patients and visitors.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing of all dishes, pots and pans including: scraping, rinsing and loading dishes into dish machine, unloading, stacking and putting clean dishes and utensils away in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen and cafeteria areas, equipment, dish room and floors.
- Empties trash and replaces trashcan liners in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Performs as a back up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountably for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration; Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Managing Work and Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure