National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Patient Ambassador
at National Jewish Health
Serves as the primary patient contact and coordinates all administrative aspects of an OOS and Program patient’s visit, while providing exemplary customer service.
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of an OOS and Program patient’s visit from registration, financial clearance, scheduling, discharge. Serves as the primary contact and clinic liason for the patient before and during the visit.
- Ensures that the financial and administrative processes are efficient. Represents National Jewish health professionally and enthusiastically to patients and their families.
- Works with financial teams to secure financial integrity of the patient visit including insurance verification, third-party authorizations, financial couseling prior to completing a specially tailored schedule. Verfiying insurance eligibility/benefits, advising patients on coverage issues or limitations.
- Builds relationships with the clinical and ancillary teams to coordinate and establish effective and efficient patient schedules, at National Jewish and offsite.
- Coordinates communication between the clinical and administrative teams and serves as a resource to the patient and staff reqarding administrative requirements, finding innovative solutions to address obstacles or complaints.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare management or other related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of recent healthcare operations, project management, or other recent related experience with advanced high level customer service in a healthcare setting required. Experience in healthcare finance, third party insurance plans, coverage and benefits preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure