National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laboratory Information System (LIS) Analyst
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12074
Categories: Science/Biotech/Research, Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Full Time (40 hours per week), Day Shift, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12074
Provides computer application support for the Clinical Application Systems. Serves as a primary support resource for Clinical Information Systems and users of various clinical software applications, with an emphasis on creating efficiencies, providing minimal interruptions and on-time delivery. Provides ongoing coordination of analysis, acquisition, installation, training and support of clinical application software programs. Facilitates problem solving and communication within the IST teams, with healthcare user groups, Clinical staff, and the vendors. Ensures quality and regulatory compliance of all computer operations.
- Provides support of assigned Information Systems projects and systems, including the design, implementation, testing, problem diagnosis and on-going support for the Clinical Information Systems, the Information Systems department, and its customers. Provides on-call support for application software problems and down time events during off-shifts, weekends, and holidays. Utilizes ticketing system as appropriate to document user issues, progress, and outcomes or resolutions
- Works as directed with professional and technical staff to implement projects and change activities with minimal business interruption and on-time delivery.
- Assists department manager as directed by analyzing and developing plans for installations and/or replacements of existing computer software, equipment and peripherals.
- Performs product verification/validation and documents outcomes of any software/hardware additions, changes, or enhancements implemented according to department policies and procedures.
- Assists with the mining of business data from the vendor application using the applicable report writing tools and evaluates or assists departments in evaluation report outcomes as requested.
- Assists other IST staff in troubleshooting remote devices, including printers, servers, and workstations for local area networks (LANS) and wide area networks (WANS). Establishes skills required to utilize systems interface monitoring or troubleshooting and testing. Instructs users in the proper use of system application programs.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Maintains current state-of the-art knowledge of clinical applications as it relates to the Institutions business and customer needs.
- Assists with training of new employees and key users.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor degree in science, computer sciences or computer related field, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology with computer experience is required.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Clinical Applications Support and/or Information Systems required. EHR, HIS, LIS, Oncology systems, Practice Management or other Clinical Information System experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!