National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (MA) III - Englewood Clinic
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11881
Allied Health Care
Full Time (40 hours per week), Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Req # 11881
The Medical Assistant III functions as a clinic lead or assumes higher level accountability as directed. Functions as a subject matter expert by providing support and guidance as needed by the medical team. To promote efficient, high quality clinical practice by providing guidance through collaborating with the team to manage patient flow and communication. To deliver safe and appropriate patient care within the scope of practice and established policies and procedures, under the direct support and supervision of a licensed professional.
- Performs clinical and administrative skills as guided by competency validation and the Medical Assistant Ladder.
- Monitors team assignments and prioritizes based on complexity and addresses issues within scope of practice. Alerts physician and nursing staff of urgent patient issues. May be first point of contact for escalated patient issues or complex patient relations.
- Participate in and collaborate with medical team to provide high quality and safe patient care. Responsible for successful completion of tasks associated in handoff communication from provider.
- Responsible to complete appropriate order entry within scope of practice and competency validation.
- May provide back up support for back office Medical Assistants in all patient care areas.
- Responsible to represent department by participating in and may function as a reviewer in committees, boards, skills review, skills lab, candidate interviews and special projects as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Coaching and Teaching Others: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma/GED and successful graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Medical Assistant required. Experience at National Jewish Health preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
CPR/BLS required. Limited Scope preferred for specific clinics.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!