National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11827
Full Time (40 hours per week), Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Req # 11827
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst helps translate end user requirements into testing plans. Responsible for the quality assurance of each release and ensuring releases to production are up to expected quality and meets stated requirements. Provides application support to end users and documents bugs that may arise in production environments.
1. Communicates with business analysts and application development team daily to manage priority bugs and update documentation.
2. Performs various black box testing techniques to verify that the software released has minimal defects.
3. Creates and maintains both manual and automated testing plans, test cases, and test scripts.
4. Researches and recommends new software that can streamline QA processes.
5. Responsible for managing bug tracking systems throughout the life cycle of assigned projects.
6. Provides application support to end users and responds to issues within established service level agreements.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
3. Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
4. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
5. Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
A minimum of one (1) year of recent and related experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, programming, software techniques, Team Foundation Server, and SQL preferred. Knowledge of Agile methodology preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!