National MS Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Healthcare Provider Engagement
at National MS Society
Potential Work LocationsDenver, Colorado
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of six years' experience developing high level relationships.
- Ability to identify and develop strategic partners.
- Must have the ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the National MS Society.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Requires ability to exercise judgment, work independently toward goals and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work with co-workers, management, collaborating agencies and the community.
- Requires some travel.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with a range of audiences including constituents, leadership volunteers, and healthcare providers.
- A high energy level and a willingness to manage a schedule that includes some travel.
- Ability to manage conflict directly and positively.
- In-depth knowledge of MS and issues related to living with MS, and serving people with MS preferred.
- Knowledge and strong competencies with technology tools including, the Microsoft Office suite, web-based presentation tools, and the Society's on-line Learning and Development system.
- Ability to analyze and communicate information related to impact of service programs.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- (IF APPLICABLE) This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- (IF APPLICABLE) Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
a. Build and maintain relationships with healthcare providers
i. Utilize professional relationship management plan to strategically identify, prioritize and nurture healthcare provider relationships in comprehensive care specialties.
ii. Connect healthcare professionals and future healthcare professionals with an interest in MS to the Society and to one another.
iii. Maintain and grow relationships with existing Partners in MS Care; identify and develop new Partners in MS Care relationships.
iv. Work with healthcare providers to increase referrals so the Society.
v. Identify gaps in access to MS care and work with staff and volunteer leaders to develop strategies to address these gaps.
vi. Partner as staff liaison to the Healthcare Provider Council (if applicable) including work with advocacy staff on barriers to MS care.
vii. Participate in professional development activities to improve liaison and relationship building skills.
viii. Work with the healthcare access team to track healthcare provider interactions and measure the impact of resources and support for healthcare professionals and people living with MS.
ix. Support cultivation of MS researchers through a coordinated plan with the Research and Individual Giving teams.
b. Identify and promote appropriate professional education opportunities, programs and in-services to further educate healthcare professionals about MS and the Society
i. Ensure that healthcare professionals have access to Society publications for themselves and their patients.
ii. Utilize the Society's Professional Education Implementation guide as a tool to identify education opportunities for healthcare providers and their patients including in-service presentations.
iii. Implement outreach to healthcare students to attract new talent to the MS workforce.
iv. Connect healthcare providers with non-Society (i.e.CMSC, IOMSN, AAN, etc.) MS education opportunities.
v. Work under guidance of Director, Professional Workforce Development to implement tools, education and resources to the healthcare community and people living with MS.
vi. Promote and identify opportunities to share wellness initiatives with healthcare providers and people living with MS.
c. Build relationships with community organizations serving rural, underserved and specialty populations
i. Increase organizational capacity through partnerships with community organizations (i.e. Area Health Education Centers), especially those serving indigent, rural and culturally diverse communities.
ii. Work with Director, Targeted Healthcare Professional Populations to develop plans and implement strategies to move strategic relationships with community health organizations forward.
iii. Implement outreach strategies for specialty populations such as the VA, Long Term Care facilities, Primary Care Providers treating MS, and indigent clinics.
- Be a spokesperson about the programs and the mission of the Society and the needs of people with MS.
- Provide presentations and talks to community groups to increase public knowledge of MS and the Society.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend/actively engage in training, professional development, conferences and staff meetings.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of all Society information systems.
- Implement and follow NMSS risk management policies and procedures.
- Partner with development team members to engage in fundraising to support healthcare programs and community outreach.
- Actively take part in local market events and activities supporting Society priorities and local staff and volunteers.
- Awareness of Society work teams and initiatives (i.e. Access to MS Medications, Advocacy, Research)
4. Volunteer Engagement
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)