National Multiple Sclerosis Society - National Capital Chapter
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at National Multiple Sclerosis Society - National Capital Chapter
Potential Work LocationsDenver, Colorado
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years progressive accounts payable and customer service experience
- Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills in accounting transactions; the ability to analyze and reconcile figures on a monthly basis.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills & excellent time management
- Solid analytical skills for investigating/correcting problems
- Strong typing and 10-key calculator speed.
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our national Finance team as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
The Accounts Payable Specialistis responsible for the management of the Accounts Payable functions for the Chapters. The A/P Specialistmust have the ability to implement structured protocols designed to enable consistency, reliability, and efficiency. A/P Specialist will work with staff and vendors for troubleshooting issues to deliver quality customer service.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Processing
- Review Purchase orders for approvals and receiving of items.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation
- Receive and match invoices to purchase orders. Follow up with Requisitioner or Dept. head with discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Allocate expenses according to the Society's Chart of Accounts and prepare invoice for voucher entry.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization for payment.
- Process and post weekly check runs, & ACH payments.
- Record wires, direct deductions and credit memos in the Epicor Accounting system.
- Reconcile employee expense reimbursement reports and allocate expenses accordingly. Input and post vouchers in Epicor accounting system for payment set up
- Voided checks are properly documented and presented to Accounts Payable Manager for processing.
- Reconcile A/P aging to general ledger
- Reconcile electronic payments in A/P and general ledger to Bank System
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents
- Responsible for Vendor maintenance, new vendors, address updates,as needed.
- Assists with monthly reconciliations as directed
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and files.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required
- Provide general accounting customer service to Society staff
- Courteously and promptly respond to all requests and inquiries from staff and vendors
- Provide general accounting customer service to Vendors
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)