Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler/Loader 2
at Natural Grocers
- Job ID
- 4403 Table Mt Dr
- Distribution Center
The Material Handler is responsible for the daily setup and operation of food packaging equipment as it relates to packaging machines at Natural Grocers. The Material Handler position is a fast paced and physically demanding position and is critical to the success of the automated packaging operation at the Distribution Center.
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines prior to operation
- Ensure accuracy of staged raw material prior to loading
- Inspect raw material during the loading process and report quality concerns to QA
- Load raw material into hoppers in a sanitary, accurate and efficient manner
- Maintain flow of product throughout production run
- Ensure all documentation of production order is correct and complete
- Maintain the segregation of allergen, non-allergen, organic and non-organic products
- Lead quick and efficient changeovers to minimize down time
- Complete necessary documentation for changeovers, cleaning, and product specifications
- Clean machines and work area regularly to maintain a sanitary environment
- Follow all SSOP's and HACCP standards.
- Perform all tasks in a manner that promotes safety
- Maintain accurate records of all raw materials entering production.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in operating food production machinery High School degree or equivalent is required
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in food production preferred
- Must be able to meet daily deadlines
- Has good attention to detail; accuracy and thoroughness a must
- Exposure to 5s and Lean manufacturing methodologies a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented and flexible to changing demands
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be reliable and on time every day
- Able to work in seasonally warm or cool environment Current Colorado Driver's License is required
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs, repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the use of both arms and both hands with full range of motion.
- Must be able to bend at the waist and knees, twist, push and pull on occasional basis
- Must be able to kneel, squat, and climb as needed
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to reach overhead and away from the body
- Must be able to stand for at least 90% of the time
- Must be able to walk for at least 90% of the time
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not be listed in this job description.