Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Sanitation Tech
at Natural Grocers
- Job ID
- 4403 Table Mt Dr
- Distribution Center
Distribution Center Job Fair
Wednesday 5/8 10am - 4pm
4403 Table Mtn. Drive Golden
18+ Bring your resume
✅ Medical, Dental, Vision Insurances
✅ Discount up to 30% + Vitamin Bucks
✅ Closed 6 Major Holidays
Text GROW to 97211
The QA Sanitation Technician position is responsible for production machines and production room sanitation while complying with food safety requirements at the Distribution Center of Natural Grocers. This position will be responsible for following Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The QA Sanitation Technician will be required to perform cleaning to keep production on schedule; perform sanitation inspections; maintain inventory of sanitation supplies; and complete all required documentation.
- Awareness of production schedules and change overs requiring machine disassembly
- Disassembles, cleans and reassembles production machines and related equipment to keep production on schedule
- Performs post-sanitation inspections of production equipment
- Washes containers, tubs and utensils for production
- Maintains sanitation logs of equipment, floors, walls and any other daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules for production and storage areas
- Operates baler for recycling of cardboard and plastic
- Operates floor scrubber as needed
- Maintains dust control in the machine areas
- Maintains adequate inventory of cleaning supplies
- Performs all duties in compliance with company SSOPs
- Maintains grounds free of litter and debris
- Assists QA with any sanitation or food safety related duties
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Although, this is a general outline of job responsibilities, all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Reliable transportation is required
- 1 year experience in food production sanitation required
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and concisely
- Strong communication skills to work with various members of staff and management
- Able to work in different seasonal climates and temperature changes
- Flexible to schedule changes Forklift experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and able to meet all deadlines
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs, repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the use of both arms and both hands with full range of motion
- Must be able to bend at the waist and knees, twist, push and pull on an occasional basis
- Must be able to kneel, squat, and climb as needed
- Must be able to reach overhead and away from the body
- Must be able to walk and stand for at least 90% of the time
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Manager and/or other Home Office managers that my not be listed in this job description.