Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
at nestle USA
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18008992
Aside from its 300 days of annual sunshine, breathtaking scenery and remaining a mecca for some of the country's best brews, Denver has consistently ranked in the ‘Top 10 pet-loving cities' and ‘Top 5 dog-friendly cities' year over year. Purina has a proud presence in this mile-high city, having been in operation since 1930. Its first 42 years in operation were primarily to produce livestock feed until the plant transitioned into a pet food-only manufacturer in 1972. Since then, the location became the first-ever pet food factory to utilize solar energy. To date, we're proud to sustainably produce 260,134 tons annually of Dog Chow®, Cat Chow®, Kit n Kaboodle®, Alpo®, Beneful®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina ONE® and Pro Plan®.
As a Maintenance Technician, your role, in the bigger picture, is to manage the preventative and predictive maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You will handle projects that span the electrical, mechanical and automation maintenance challenges. This position will be scheduled for an off shift (2nd or 3rd shift). So, if you're up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We'll always challenge you to think: “What's Next?”
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of plant systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, PLCs, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
- Make minor repairs on general plant machinery such as fans, blowers, conveyors, belts, mechanical and screw conveyors.
- Perform simple repairs on piping installations such as replacing leaking fittings, replacing valves, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems
- Read, update and create electrical prints and documentation
- Follow all plant safety rules and work rules
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 years of Maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive or military environment OR 2 Year Technical Degree
To our veterans and separated service members—you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission—you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.