Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java / Linux Software Integrator 2 (18-149) (18-146)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The C2BMC Software and Digital Technology team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Java/Linux Software Integrator based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows HW platforms from the OS up developed applications.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer.
- Develop installation scripts to automate the system installation.
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
- Coordinate execution of SW integration tests to verify system operation.
- Work with software developers as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during software integration.
- Submit problem reports for errors found.
- Implementing Information Assurance directives on the systems to include running IA scans.
- Coordinate daily integration activities with other local team members
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics related discipline and 2 years of related work experience.
- Active Secret clearance
- Security certification
- Experienced in the integration of separate software components on a single system
- Individual must be able to work independently to develop the software tools/scripts
- Experience with Ansible or other automated installation solutions
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up.
- Experience with VMWare systems administration and installing and configuring VMWare from the ground up.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
- Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
- Ability to read and troubleshoot application source code
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience documenting installation processes and/or writing installation manuals
- Strong understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols, network analysis and diagnostics
- Familiarity with the application and use of network management tools (HP NNMI, Cisco ISE, GEM-X)
- Experience with Juniper equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, etc)
- Experience integrating applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms across a distributed network.
- Windows power shell scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of Install Anywhere and Install Jammer products a plus
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.