Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr Programs 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19004769
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Space ISR Systems Division at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Program Manager to support and execute on programs across the Mission Enterprise Operating Unit, as part of the Remote Sensing business unit. based out of Aurora, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The individual will be responsible for managing all phases of programs from inception through completion and including the cost, schedule and technical performance for all activities on the programs.
- Responsible for establishing strong relationships and maintaining open communications with the customer community.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals, negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
- Coordinates business plans, proposal work statements, operating budgets and contract terms.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for program activities to the customer.
- Establishes staffing plan for programs, performance milestones, monitors and manages adherence to master schedules and earned value plans, identifies program problems and drives solutions.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from various functional areas.
- Works with the program team to create BOEs and develop proposal inputs.
- The selected individual will provide input into financial terms/conditions of the contracts.
- Develops negotiation positions and supports negotiations with the customer.
- Responsible for creating the B&P budget and managing its performance.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to set and clearly articulate goals/priorities and successfully communicate them to key staff
- Encourages personal commitment and holds staff accountable for achieving targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with at least 5 Years' Experience in Space Sensor I&T and Operations Support; 9 years of experience in Space Sensor I&T and Operations Support can be substituted in lieu of an Engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 Years Program Management/Senior IPT Experience on hardware or integration program
- Solid understanding of Earned Value management
- Demonstrated skill in managing projects within estimated cost while delivering on schedule
- Experience in presenting material to Government officials
- Current Top Secret/SCI Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Program and Proposal management experience with systems similar in size and scope
- Full working knowledge of NGMS procedures and practices
- Experience managing development, production, and subcontract management
- Demonstrated capability to make difficult decisions that impact team direction and team performance outcomes
- Ability to make sound decisions amidst incomplete data
- Significant experience managing cost type task order/contracts with performance metrics
- Knowledge of industry and government best practices Prior experience in Space Hardware, Software, Integration or Systems Development
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.