Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Software (19-041)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19006967
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The C2BMC team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a System Architecture Team Member based in Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL.
What You'll get to Do:
This position will be responsible for developing automated acceptance tests that verify functionality across the C2BMC system.
This position's responsibilities include:
Additional Northrop Grumman Information
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline; 3 Years with Masters in STEM related discipline
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems
- Experience in application development
- Experience in Java programming language
- Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience developing software on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with software development and CM tools
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes
- Familiarity with automated acceptance testing
- Understanding the difference between white box and black box testing
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS
- Candidate must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment and understand the complexities of the C2BMC system
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development(BDD)
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.