Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SMORS Model Based Systems Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sustainment and Modernization of Radar Sensors (SMORS) Model Based Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Perform system modeling using MBSE tools and techniques to define system interfaces, requirements and behaviors and provide support to system design
- Support requirements development and functional allocation to hardware, software, operator and other segments and components of the system
- Participate in system requirements reviews and creating and/or updating requirement specifications and technical documentation
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Provide review and analysis support to the test team development and conduct of formal testing
- Participate in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participate in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 2 years of Systems Engineering experience; or a Masters degree in science, engineering or related discipline
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required for this position
- Experience developing system descriptive models using UPDM, UAFP, and/or SysML
- Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- An active DoD Secret Clearance or above
- User work experience with DOORS requirements database
- Experience with PTC Integrity Modeler
- System performance modeling using Python, MatLAB, or similar tools
- Familiarity with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) 2.0
- Familiarity with Object-oriented principles and practices
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Flexibility to travel for customer requirements
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.