Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer Software
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 18027980
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Model and Simulation Software Senior Technologist based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Senior Technologist will work with the Product Line Leads, senior government customers and stakeholders, and the existing SME knowledge base to research and champion the implementation of new strategic technologies, investments, and research activities. This position will focus on the identification of applicable technologies, drive the development of the business case for implementation and determine where and how best to implement new technologies. This position also supports research activities that target increased product and process value as well as activities that drive technology synergies between contract elements.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong working knowledge of current and emerging software architectures and technologies and how to apply them in a DoD classified environment. This knowledge would be successfully applied to guide the evolution of the individual product lines in support of changing requirements from current and potential new customers and missions. This is a leadership role that requires the ability to lead and influence teams, champion change and ensures the organization is prepared for future technology needs.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 14 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree in STEM disciplie and 12 years of relevant experience
- Active Secret Level DOD Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a software architecture role; at least 3 years of experience as a software architect
- Prior experience in the development of classified software
- Strong understanding of the full development lifecycle and processes including systems engineering, system/software test, and configuration management
- Understanding of STIGs and the development of software products requiring accreditation
- Fluency in modern software development processes and technologies including agile software development
- Experience in emerging IT technologies and the application of technology to improve and modernize legacy processes
- Experience performing complex technical trades in a technology trade space
- Experience building a presenting a business case based on the application of technology that solves a work-related problem
- Must be able to communicate complex subjects and topics in a simple manner that is understood by non-technologists
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Software development experience in support of Modeling and Simulation products
- Prior program experience in support of the Ballistic Missile Defense System
- Demonstrated track record of earning and maintaining customer trust
- Ability to build advocates based on a deep understanding of a value proposition
- Experience defining and improving processes in support of quality and performance goals
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.