Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Test Lead (Sr Principal Engr Sys Test)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) Threat Modeling Center (TMC) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Systems Test Engineer based out of Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
What You'll Get to Do:
The Threat Modeling Center is responsible for the development and delivery of high fidelity threat modeling products in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and MDA's Ballistic Missile Defense System. This position is for a Systems Test Team Lead with experience in Agile methodologies, test automation and an understanding of Modeling and Simulation.
- Define, modernize and execute testing processes and procedures; including the adoption of test automation and continuous integration/delivery
- Lead the development of test plans and delivery of test reports while applying Agile best practices
- Work across multiple engineering teams to ensure all aspects of product development include a focus on testing rigor to ensure the highest quality products are delivered to our users.
- Identify training, tools and staffing needs for the TMC test team to support the ever increasing testing requirements and rigor
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) and 9 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree and 7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of software test experience
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Active Final DoD Secret clearance
- Familiarity with test automation tool implementation, usage and processes
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Prior experience as a Test Team Lead
- Hands on experience choosing, deploying and utilizing test automation tools
- Understanding missile threats and their associated characterizations
- Experience with the development of modeling and simulations
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology and tools (PTC Integrity Modeler) and SysML methods
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong math, physics or other engineering background
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Clearance
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.