Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Windows System Administrator
at NuAxis Innovations
We’re going places, hop on board.
Our value is in our employees – smart, passionate, and fun people.
Grow with us! As a growing business, every NuAxis Innovations employee impacts the success, and direction of this company. We all share a true passion for technology and enjoy working together to develop solutions, share ideas, and exchange knowledge. At NuAxis Innovations, we celebrate diversity and the unique perspective each team member brings to his/her job, team, and community. We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Windows System Administrator for a Full Time position.
This role is largely responsible for providing operational support services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is an Enterprise Operations Support role, as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include:
- Microsoft Windows System Administration, Server 2003 and newer Windows 7and newer
- VBS and PowerShell scripting
- Identify existing tools to support everyday tasks and perform troubleshooting
- Working with backup solutions such as Netbackup and Veeam as well as SAN and NAS Storage (Compellent) technologies
- Working with automated and unassisted Operating System Installations
- Working with centralized system configuration management and automation systems in a production environment, SCCM preferred
- Working in high-availability environments
- Working with monitoring and process management systems (e.g. SCOM)
- Working with the following technologies: LDAP, DNS, DHCP, Clustering, server virtualization, VMware preferred
- Working with IIS administration experience
- Work in a geographically diverse group of technically skilled individuals and participate in projects from inception to completion
This Operations role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Microsoft Certification (e.g. MCTA, MCSA, MSCE, MCSM, etc.) preferred
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2008r2 and later
- Automated Installations: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Operating System Deployment (OSD); VMware vSphere templates
- Patch Management: SCCM Software Updates Management; Windows Update
- System Configuration: SCCM; Group Policy
- Automated Monitoring: Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM); Splunk, IBM Enterprise Manager (IEM) and various other software
- Scripting: VBScript; PowerShell
- Backup & Recovery: NetBackup, VEEAM
- Storage Management: Dell Compellent SAN, Dell EqualLogic SAN
- Account Management: NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA); Centrify; native Active Directory Utilities
- Service Ticketing: FrontRange HEAT
- Virtualization: VMware vSphere; Hyper-V
- Remote Assistance: Bomgar; Microsoft Remote Assistance
- Remote Access: Avocent DSView; RDP
- Alerting and Change Control: Quest ChangeAuditor; Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), SharePoint
Three (3) or more years of direct experience as a Tier 3 Administrator in IT Infrastructure operations for a large network environment
Does this opportunity sound like a fit for you? If so, join our talent community and click to apply now!!
NuAxis is an IT Services firm providing innovative solutions to the U.S. Federal Government using state of the art technologies, architectures, and life cycle management. We are a Certified Microsoft Partner with extensive Microsoft technologies experience. Our services portfolio includes Project Management, Application Development, Infrastructure Management, and Security Management. We offer competitive salaries, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn from experts.
High technology small business with long-standing U.S. Federal Government experience * Visionary executive leadership * Expert professional services team comprised of highly skilled engineers and software developers * Rapid growth over the last several years
NuAxis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.