Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead UX Designer
at Ogilvy PR
- Job ID
- Information Architecture/UX
Ogilvy is known for making brands matter. In the Experience Design group, we do that by helping our clients create better experiences for their users. Working in close-knit teams, we transform complex digital problems into simple, human-centered solutions.
Our team thrives on collaboration and co-creation. As a Lead Experience Designer, you will guide web and mobile projects through the UX design process from start-to-finish. Alongside our Engagement Managers, you’ll be the main point of contact with clients, developing lasting relationships over time. You will lead workshops, present to clients’ senior leadership, and speak fluently about both business goals and user needs.
You’ll craft strategic visions and roadmaps with clients while providing clear direction for your team. To get there, you’ll grapple, ideate, whiteboard, push, test, prototype, iterate, learn, and ship. Both colleagues and clients will look to you to set the bar for quality and innovation. Your job is to facilitate cohesion across the research, design, data strategy, content, and development teams.
In short, you shepherd the user’s experience across web and mobile solutions by guiding the vision, strategy, and cross-functional teamwork throughout a project’s execution.
- Transform business needs, research, data, and other user insights into innovative concepts that solve user needs
- Scope, plan, and lead UX activities from initial requirements to concept, interaction design, and development
- Run co-creation sessions (including sketching, ideation, and prototyping) and facilitate workshops with clients and design teams
- Craft core deliverables and artifacts (sitemaps, audits, process flows, design systems, high-fidelity mockups, etc.)
- Great eye and passion for visual design principles
- Uphold the highest quality of work on projects
- Present work, concepts, and new ideas to C-level executives
- Manage client relationships in partnership with our Engagement Managers
- Work with project management to create digital experiences on time and on budget
- Support sales activities and new business efforts (pitches and proposals)
- Mentor junior designers to grow them to their full potential
- Inspire project teams with energy and passion, while promoting a positive culture
- Maintain a presence in the design industry and community by contributing to thought leadership such as writing an article, hosting a webinar, speaking at a conference, and/or sitting on a panel
- 6+ years of user experience design experience for software, web applications, and/or mobile devices
- Extensive experience leading cross discipline teams and exemplifying leadership in an agency-based environment
- Exceptional design skills, production value, and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, and associated design and prototyping tools
- Ability to clearly express yourself both in person and on paper (or a dry erase board if that’s your thing)
- Extremely comfortable presenting our work to clients, gathering feedback, and sharing it to other team members
- Strong understanding of common software development practices
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design, industrial design, HCI, human factors/ergonomics, or related field
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Comprehensive benefits coverage, including 401k company match and parental leave benefits
- Autonomy – Our staff owns their work and has autonomy over how to get it done
- Project Diversity – Within several months span you may work on an e-commerce redesign, a complex B2B software tool, or a financial services product
- A fun, dynamic office
- An emphasis on work/life balance
- Paid time off for certain Summer Fridays
- Cookoffs, happy hours, and impromptu, creative team games
- Free snacks and beverages