Old Dominion Freight Line
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Old Dominion Freight Line
- Requisition ID
- DEN - DENVER - CO
- Commerce City
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Dock Supervisor to join our OD Family Culture. This Supervisor role will successfully manage a shift or section in a service center while maintaining the department/shift and service center standards for safety, quality, efficiency, cost, service and delivery, training and development and housekeeping. The supervisor must complete the various company and government forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills, inter-terminal movement forms (ITM's) and exception forms. Constantly uses OD’s proprietary technology system permitting consistent monitoring of shipment locations as freight moves through the various terminals while communicating continuously throughout the day with associates, customers and team members verbally and through other computer operating systems.
- Monitor and evaluate the safety of each employee on a daily basis
- Monitor and evaluate the safe and efficient loading and unloading process of freight throughout the shift
- Monitors, evaluates, and teaches employees safe lifting techniques as well as uses safe lifting as needed throughout the day
- Monitor and maintain housekeeping within the shift to ensure safety and productivity
- Manages, assigns and supervises dock employees in the area to ensure proper utilization of employees, equipment, loading and unloading while meeting OD and customer expectations
- Manages all dock work schedules and time off requests
- Closely works with the Operations Manager/Ast SC Manager and/or Service Center Manager to ensure alignment in meeting daily/weekly/monthly and yearly business objectives
- Provide analyses, suggestions and ideas for the improvement of operations within the shift, department and facility
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to employees on a continual basis regarding ROI, MPH, Stops per hour, return shipments, missed shipments, delivery/pick up errors, and overall productivity, etc. This also includes handling disciplinary actions needed at the discretion of the supervisor
- Conduct daily inspections to ensure compliance with local state, federal, .federal safety regulations, as well as OSHA compliance, and DOT compliance
- Ensure Compliance with local state, federal, federal safety regulations, as well as OSHA compliance, and DOT regulations
- Ensures that 100% of trailers are loaded correctly to ensure safe transport of freight
- Inspects trailers throughout the day for cleanliness and to ensure correct loading/unloading techniques are being used
- Operates AS400 system, BLU system, DYMS and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems used within the company to monitor freight movement
- Complete forklift job training knowledge and uses a forklift as necessary within the service center
- Conducts daily shift meetings
- Make quick and informed decisions based on the volume levels and communicates schedule to affected employees
- Inspects working conditions of tools and equipment needed for safe operation within the area and directs the correction of any improper or adverse condition that exists
- Comprehends and ensures compliance with company and government regulations
- Works assigned shift/s as needed, must be available to work depending upon customer pick-up and delivery scheduled
- High School Degree or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years working operations experience preferably in the transportation industry
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Working knowledge of AS400, Microsoft Office, DYMS and BLU systems
- Knowledge of general DOT regulations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee Credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).