Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business System Analyst, GIS
The Senior GIS Systems Analyst supports the OmniTRAX business. They embed with their business partners to understand and help shape business processes. They consult on and help to drive initiatives through the Project Portfolio management process. They manage and implement process projects using consultation, systems selection, configuration and implementation. They support ongoing business operations through effective management of processes supporting business applications.
The Senior GIS Systems Analyst demonstrates and adheres to the company values of safety, honesty, ownership, respect and teamwork to ensure successful partnership with customers and employees that result in OmniTRAX’s continued success.
- Support the management of the application environment across the organization, with an emphasis on GIS application development, usability, and integration to business processes for effective and efficient value of applications to meet business objectives
- Manage resources including integrations, toolsets, and vendors that support the GIS application portfolio
- Manage implementation and administration of organizational software applications, specifically Esri software products
- Analyze requests for a variety of new applications, programs, and modifications to existing GIS programs; analyze and document user work processes and system functionality requirements; analyze current GIS system functions, procedures, and capabilities to identify issues and recommend process improvements
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve GIS application issues; communicate with internal and external technical resources to resolve end user issues; provide guidance to users on methods for correcting reported issues
- Assist with the management of applications’ lifecycle from selection and implementation to sun setting or termination.
- Continuously analyze and monitor utilization of GIS applications for current and future needs
- Responsible for modelling and teaching the GIS team their knowledge of consultative skills, project management expertise and system implementation
- Contribute to the creation and management of the OmniTRAX Enterprise Architecture including assessing new technologies and process capabilities
- Serve as a business partner across one or more business functions – consultatively engaging on identifying opportunities, building business cases, prioritizing and implementing projects and solutions
- Manage the application portfolio including relevant testing, quality, documentation and training
- Ensure regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- Translate business needs into product backlogs, user stories, and business requirements to optimize business value of applications and processes
- Ensure quality and integrity of data from multiple sources and generate reports as required
- Effectively manage problems through all phases: planning, analysis, resolution, trouble shooting, and root cause analysis; identify, develop and implement process/system improvements
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical expertise preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in related capacity
- Advanced Esri ArcGIS platform skills
- Intermediate Python, VB, or other development language skills
- Compose complex SQL statements and procedures
- Experience supporting applications within an integrated environment
- Strong analytical, complex problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Project management skills; Agile experience preferred
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, and proven ability to deliver value and quality
- Interpersonal and customer services skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional integrity and accountability
- Up to 10%, as business requires