Oracle / Taleo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer 4
at Oracle / Taleo
The Common Developer and Test Productivity team drives the architecture for all internally used cloud environments and code promotion. The team is also chartered with creating best practice process and tool usage to improving developer productivity for all Oracle PaaS teams. Various Oracle Paas services are used by several thousand customers in various industries comprising of small businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
The role of the Principal Engineer is to evaluate current development and test architecture and tools available internally and externally and establish best practices. This role will be a very visible one across teams and the person will act as a consultant to other teams and cross pollinate best practices to solve challenges and improve developer productivity.
Required Skillset and Experience:
- 5 years experience in architecture and deployment cloud based services.
- Strong knowledge of various scripting tools mainly Python, Perl and bash
- 10 years experience in enterprise level software development and testing
- Demonstrate ability to work with different teams to resolve issues and direct teams in and outside of reporting structure.
- Strong working knowledge of software development lifecycles especially Agile Development Methodologies.
- Driving cross team discussions to understand issues and to take to logical conclusions while keeping Stakeholders updated
- Creating technical and process proof of concepts and implement into existing process to improve productivity
- Review and improve the developer experience for all Paas/ Saas services
- Mentor junior members of the team and improve the overall team understanding of issues and solutions.
- Reviewing and approving technical architecture, code and design documents.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.