Oracle / Taleo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Intern - Fourth Year
at Oracle / Taleo
SoftwareEngineer, Intern - Oracle Data Cloud (ODC)
Oracle Data Cloud enables companies to use data to informand measure business decisions and do it on a massive scale, rivaled only bytop software companies like Facebook and Google. We accomplish this byproviding Data as a Service, or DaaS, to help create connections to customersacross channels and devices.
Oracle Data Cloud was created in 2014 through theacquisition of BlueKai and was expanded through the subsequent acquisitions of Datalogix,AddThis, Crosswise, Moat and Grapeshot, though the individual brands live on asproducts within the Oracle Data Cloud.
Join Oracle Data Cloud and be part of the team creatinginnovative and groundbreaking data-driven solutions for Marketing, Sales andCustomer Intelligence.
This is a great opportunity to apply your computer scienceor software engineering education to the data we ingest from millions of datasources. The solutions you help develop will revolutionize the way products andservices are sold.
At Oracle Data Cloud, we use a variety of technologies, butwe don't expect you to know them all; we only expect an eagerness to learn andwork with any of them. Most of the work is done in languages like Java, Scala,and Python. That said, we're open to talented computer science students withrelevant experience in other languages, too. Machine Learning and AI are alsopart of the tool set used by Oracle Data Cloud.
We rely on all of our Software Engineering Interns to helpdevelop innovative, production solutions for our digital and offline marketingproducts. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with yourteammates, of course, but your real success with Oracle Data Cloud will bemeasured by how well you combine critical thinking with self-motivation,enthusiasm and determination. Additionally, you may be called upon to performtroubleshooting of issues with our systems since we follow the "you buildit, you run it" operational model.
This Software Engineering Internship opportunity will allowyou to develop relevant and valuable skills that will help you succeed in yourcareer. However, we think once you join our team, you may not want to leave!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Workas a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement newfunctionality based on business requirements
- Helpdevelop new programs and support existing programs running in the cloud
- Interactwith the Oracle Data Cloud business and operations teams
- Engagein performance testing in a high-volume Internet infrastructure
- Developsolutions in Java, Scala, Python, and other languages
- Learna variety of Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch,Kafka, Cassandra
DesiredSkills and Experience:
- Pursuinga Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experiencecoding in Java, Scala, or Python
- Musthave the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strongcommunication skills
Other Helpful Skills or Experience
- Cloudinfrastructure and networking
- Linuxor Windows server administration
- Exposureto Machine Learning/AI/neural networks
- Knowledgeof relational database systems such as MySQL or Oracle
- Experiencewith advertising technology or high-volume, web-scale systems support
This is a world-class, career-building opportunity:
- Workin an environment with colleagues who are as smart and driven as they arecollaborative and fun
- Deploycode to production
- Havea direct impact on constantly evolving, game-changing products and services
- Strategizewith thoughtful leaders making a real impact in this ever-evolving industry
- Stayon top of your game with professional development opportunities
What Oracle Data Cloud is best known for:
- Industry-leadingproducts and service solutions
- Massivescale and reach
- Uniquepositioning in the advertising & marketing ecosystem
- Longstandingrelationships with high-profile advertisers and the biggest players in thedigital-media advertising world
- Avisionary organization with an unmatched drive for excellence
- Havinga startup culture with the benefits of a large corporation
Do you want to get a foot in the door and perhaps even get the chance to interview early for one of the best technology jobs in the world? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for our internship program.
Gain invaluable experience in what it is like to work at a leading global hardware and software systems innovator - Oracle. Your colleagues are industry experts and knowledgeable veterans. Your contributions will enhance real Oracle products and services. By the end of your internship you will be connected to a powerful network of professionals, managers, and executives.
Received undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study. Strong academic achievement. Strong interest in technical area of study.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.