Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchise Business Manager
at Orangetheory Fitness
As the Franchise Business Manager (FBM), you are the field liaison between our OTF Global Headquarters, the National Area Representatives and franchisees in all areas of operations within our studios. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing and guiding the outcomes in all performance and operational areas for the assigned OTF region and studios within. This position offers support to the Area Representatives in all areas of operation to include but not limited to financial and KPI analysis, operational systems education, implementation & training support, fitness, membership sales support, and marketing management support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicating with franchisees, Area Representatives (AR’s) and their regional teams via telephone, email and face-to-face, to effectively detail franchise brand policies and procedure (ensuring knowledge and stressing the need for 100% adherence).
- Practice regular independent, discretionary judgement in order to ensure OTF strict guidelines are being followed
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing/new franchisees, Area Representatives (AR’s) and their regional teams for strong collaboration and business leadership.
- Provide exceptional customer service through proactive communication asking pertinent questions and understanding customers’ needs
- Continually drive studio revenue and regional profitability through the Area Representatives (AR’s) and their regional teams to exceed all Sales and Revenue standards by developing and training high performing sales strategies and acumen using OTF proven systems and processes
- Understand and be able to continuously analyze the region’s Business Intelligence metrics (KPI’s) to uncover trends and poor performance symptoms and provide intelligent, effective and timely solutions for market and studio growth
- Offer training workshops and perform continuing education in conjunction with regional teams as needed in order to educate the region on best practices based on Orangetheory’s established standards
- Travel domestically to support new/existing studios in all facets of the OTF system (Sales/Operations/Fitness, Training and Development, Coaching and Leadership).
- Attend conference calls/webinars and events to promote the OTF brand and develop enhanced and improved business results
- Support and, if required, mediate disputes with franchisees to achieve desired outcomes with minimal studio/brand impact.
- Must submit monthly schedule and weekly reports to direct supervisor outlining work hours and activities performed including market summaries outlined as an executive summary post visit
- Must visit roughly 80% of studios within the region during a calendar year
- Perform studio continuity and performance assessments as needed. This includes auditing entire studio operations in addition to fitness team evaluations
- Acts as the brand steward with the Area Representatives (AR’s) to impact all brand protection, consistency and continuity measures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably Business, Sports Management and/or Health & Wellness
- Minimum of 1 year in an Orangetheory Fitness system management role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a leader in the fitness industry and thrive in a customer service environment
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Must have proven successful management experience preferably in franchise and/or the fitness sector
- Multi-unit supervisory experience preferred
- Strong work ethic, honest, trustworthy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently with effective time management skills
- Work under tight deadlines and still meet job requirements
- Organized and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem solving, decision making using sound judgment
- Customer Service Focus and Results Orientation
- Must have a completely open schedule and be able to work days, nights and weekends (when needed)
- The FSM must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the job that pertain to trade secrets and or knowledge that has yet to be communicated to the network
- Must be able and willing to travel; the position may require as much as 65% travel inside the continental United States.