Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Manager - Accounts Payable
at Otter Products
Otter Products is in search of an Accounting Manager to lead our Accounts Payable team. The Accounting Manager is a highly skilled leader in the Accounting and Finance team. The position demonstrates in-depth knowledge in Accounts Payable and maintains a thorough understanding of business drivers and organizational strategic direction to initiate and oversee highly complex accounting analyses, interact with senior leaders and influence business operations and decisions. Additionally, this Otter will contribute to leadership of the team, including leading department-wide projects and developing their team. This is a highly collaborative role focused on the evaluation of systems and/or procedures and providing recommendations to the business on process improvement opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a servant leader that is passionate and skilled around finding process efficiencies. While it is not required, experience working with continuous improvement methodologies (i.e. six sigma) would be highly desirable. Strong verbal and written communications skills are an absolute must as this individual will be working cross-functionally across the organization and with external vendors. Do enjoy leading a team? Do you love managing multiple projects? Are you great at finding efficiencies? If so, keep reading!
About Otter Products:
From our founder’s garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation. Our industry-leading brands, OtterBox and LifeProof lead the way to help people do more and go more places with technology in hand. Otter Products is a global company of more than 900 Otters (employees) with offices in Fort Collins, Colo., San Diego, Calif., Hong Kong, Munich, Germany and Cork, Ireland. Our mission is simple – We Grow to Give which comes to life by way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation. From innovation and engineering to community and culture – growing to give is at the heart of everything we do.
For more information visit otterproducts.com.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Collaborate with other accounting and finance colleagues to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Manage a process improvement plan across all accounting functions.
- Manage accounts payable reporting as well as ensuring Otter stays current with its vendors.
- Manage and complete special cross-functional accounting projects and analytic research.
- Monitor and maintain an effective internal control environment as it relates to the accounts payable function.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a clear, concise and effective manner, both written and verbal, with executive, senior management, and managers. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum six years of accounting and analytical experience is required. Experience with an integrated ERP system and database applications is preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in a supervisor or manager role (internal candidates with less years of experience may be considered).
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Account Principles (GAAP) required.
Otter Products is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO).