Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Cloud Engineer
at Otter Products
- Information Technology
Otter Products is recruiting for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our Information Technology team! As a Sr. Cloud Engineer, you will help to steer our cloud integration strategy and revamp our current provisioning, deployment, and monitoring toolsets. Intrigued? Keep reading…
The successful candidate will possess deep knowledge of the management of cloud compute, virtual networks, and legacy on-prem technologies. You will work collaboratively with all levels across the organization, maintain a customer-oriented mindset and display a burning desire to help and mentor others. Does this sound like you? If so, Otter Products may be a great place to grow your career!
About Otter Products:
From our founder’s garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation. Our industry-leading brands, OtterBox and LifeProof lead the way to help people do more and go more places with technology in hand. Otter Products is a global company of more than 900 Otters (employees) with offices in Fort Collins, Colo., San Diego, Calif., Hong Kong, Munich, Germany and Cork, Ireland. Our mission is simple – We Grow to Give which comes to life by way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation. From innovation and engineering to community and culture – growing to give is at the heart of everything we do.
For more information visit otterproducts.com.
- Design and develop the cloud strategy and architecture into a highly available and secure technical implementation in accordance with business requirements
- Work with peers to cooperatively implement the cloud strategy and architecture
- Monitor and optimize the cloud architecture for technical and cost efﬁciencies
- Collaborate with other teams and projects as needed
- Regularly review upcoming cloud and on-premises technologies and make recommendations for adoption
- Lead the migration of Mode 1 applications to public cloud services in a rehosting (lift and shift) approach or in a refactoring approach for efﬁciency, agility and disaster recovery (DR)
- Collaborate with developers and own the "Ops" part of DevOps to ensure that Mode 2 cloud-native workloads are deployed according to IT best practices for security, governance, identity and access management, and monitoring
- Design, develop, build, maintain and administer tools, which will automate operational activities and improve engineering productivity
- Automate continuous delivery and on-demand capacity management solutions
- Develop configuration and infrastructure solutions for internal deployments
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix software issues
- Update, track and resolve technical challenges
- Support and maintain a positive safety culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Four years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree (minimum eight years total experience in lieu of degree)
- Minimum of four years of IT cloud technologies or system administration experience required
- Experience with Linux and Window required
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Azure required
- Experience with DevOps Orchestration/Configuration Management technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible preferred
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, ECS) preferred
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, or Python preferred
Otter Products is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO).