Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Client Manager - Venture Banking (Denver, CO)
at PacWest Bancorp
The VP, Client Manager is responsible for owning all aspects of client retention for an assigned group of borrowers, generating value for PacWest by leveraging the Bank’s services and products to deepen relationships through expertise in financing options and service offerings, and delivering an outstanding client experience. The VP, Client Manager takes responsibility for independently monitoring the quality of assigned borrowers, growing the best relationships, while identifying any unfavorable deviations of underperforming borrowers and working proactively with colleagues to take any needed remedial steps. The VP, Client Manager coordinates with Originations colleagues to manage all aspects of the relationships with the Venture Capital sponsors supporting the borrowers, and the borrowers themselves. This position requires an ability to work independently with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the borrower relationship within the assigned portfolio. Retain quality clients through expertise in financing options and service offerings, coordinating with all PacWest support groups to deliver an outstanding client experience.
- Exit or remediate underperforming borrowers with minimal losses.
- Lead the Portfolio Management collaboration effort with the Origination team prior to loan closing to prepare for the seamless transfer of the new client into Portfolio Management
- Proactively track performance of client operations, interfacing with venture capital sponsors consistently to monitor intent and capacity for any needed ongoing funding.
- Ensure all credits in the assigned portfolio are accurately graded according to the Bank’s risk rating procedures.
- Take ownership of independent collateral verification and protection, and borrower due diligence, on an ongoing basis.
- Perform ongoing financial analysis to monitor trends and new developments that may impact loan performance, and to identify opportunities to enhance value to PacWest and the client by providing additional or expanded beneficial products or services.
- Lead the underwriting, approval, negotiating, and closing processes for additional funding requests or modifications to existing loans
- Prepare reports and summaries to keep management informed on portfolio performance, as required
- Communicate with client and or supervisor to anticipate potential loan issues or questions and formulate creative resolutions
- Provide guidance for and mentoring of junior level team members
- Travel for client visits and other meetings up to 25% of time (approximately 1 – 5 days per month)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum five or more years’ lending/credit experience
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Strong analytical skills