Par Government Systems Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Administrator SME
at Par Government Systems Corporation
Rome Research Corporation (RRC) is looking for a System Administrator SME to perform administration of computer systems hardware, software, information systems and peripheral equipment such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices. Assist in the creation, maintenance/administration, and troubleshooting of various virtual machines presence in WSOMS. Demonstrate proficiency specifically in VMWare and Hyper-V, and demonstrate familiarity with other virtualization protocols. Maintain, install, upgrade and configure data systems, administer operating systems, and maintain basic security and recovery procedures such as scheduling and backups. Under general supervision, solve complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices. Use experience and problem solving skills to develop and improve processes. Establish priorities for the completion of assigned tasks in compliance with policies, procedures, and statutes. May provide guidance to less experienced team members. Serve as a backup administrator to the Government SA. Design, develop and support application software to meet the needs of the mission. Administer physical and virtual servers, support computers and peripherals, inventory systems, servers, software and peripherals, and create operating system scripts and coordinate upgrades in accordance with standard operating practices (SOPs).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- In lieu of educational requirements, at least 15 years of related experience in the area of system administration is required
- 7-years applicable work experience
- DoD 8140 (DoD 8570) Cybersecurity certification
- Experience maintaining operating system software including but not limited to Windows, Unix, Linux, and Virtual Memory System (VMS)
- Proficient in VMWare and Hyper-V and familiar with other virtualization protocols
- Understanding of cybersecurity and database administration is a plus
- Understanding of Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC), and the Regional SATCOM Support Center (RSSC); Previous or current experience working within these centers preferred
- Prior wideband MILSATCOM enterprise and tactical terminal experience highly desired
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstration of exceptional ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness for problem solving and customer service
- US Citizenship with Active DoD TS Clearance. Ability to obtain SCI.
- Shift work may be required
- Must have a current passport
It is the policy of PAR to prohibit all forms of discrimination and to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, military status, national origin, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status and positive action shall be taken to insure the fulfillment of this policy.