Par Government Systems Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WSOTS Site Manager (Multiple Locations)
at Par Government Systems Corporation
Rome Research Corporation (RRC) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Site Manager for the Wideband SATCOM Operations Center (WSOC) located at Fort Detrick MD, Fort Meade MD, Fort Buckner Japan, Landstuhl Germany, and Wahiawa Hawaii. The Site Manager will be accountable for all aspects of assigned site execution with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction and meeting contractual requirements associated with the Fort Detrick WSOC, and will have the authority to make decisions related to the support of the Fort Detrick WSOC. The site lead will act as primary point of contact between RRC and the Fort Detrick government representatives.
Specific tasks include:
- Provide support to U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command (USASMDC/ARSTRAT)
- Provide satellite communications/ telecommunications support to deliver SATCOM capabilities
- Manage contractor personnel and provide status reports to the program COR and PM on projects, maintenance activities, accomplishments, staffing and all other pertinent events
- Oversee the activities of contractor personnel providing technical services to the 53rd Signal Battalion, including, but not limited to: WGS and DSCS Operations and Maintenance (O&M), Information Technology, Networking, Supply Management, and Operator Training and Certification to support military personnel in SATCOM bandwidth planning and payload execution
- Supervise and assist with 24/7/365 on-site and on-call O&M technical support, including payload control operations, SATCOM transmission control and link performance.
- Manage and support contractor personnel in executing VTC, SIPR, NIPR, WAN/LAN, software patches, and network administration of the WSOMS network
- Manage site operations, technical assistance, including fault diagnostics and systems and equipment repair
- Supervise and provide technical and engineering support, supply management support, and maintenance, repair and overhaul support
- Ensure equipment and services meet mission requirements. Perform IT and other functions as required
- Ensure all work under this contract complies with all regulations, policies, and procedures
- Direct, monitor, and review all contract performance to ensure all PWS objectives are met
- Oversee the site Quality Control (QC) plan, conduct QC spot checks, report QC findings to the QC manager, and implement corrective actions as required
- Senior NCO or Army Communications O-2 to O4 with Wide Band Satellite Operations experience
- Desired Wide Band Operations Center experience
- Ability to excel within Government work environment and collaborate with Government and other contractor personnel
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage at both the engineer and management levels to build confidence and collaboration
- 10 years minimum relevant experience; 5 years’ experience managing sites desired
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills
- BA or BS degree, MA/MS preferred
- Additional 5 years of experience could substitute for a Bachelors degree
It is the policy of RRC to prohibit all forms of discrimination and to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, military status, national origin, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status and positive action shall be taken to insure the fulfillment of this policy.