Town of Erie
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parks Maintenance Staff: Part -Time Non-Benefited
at Town of Erie
The reasons people call Colorado home often include a passion for the outdoors, a diverse and dynamic community and the contemporary pace to life that appeals to all ages! As you'll soon discover, the Town of Erie offers the best of all of these and without a doubt is one of the top places to consider when making your next career move. With majestic mountain views and progressive civic vision, we provide a genuine small-town feel with modern amenities. Our residents enjoy a high quality of life. It is our employees who have been instrumental in creating what Erie is today and continue to shape what it will be in the future. The Town of Erie is an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellent customer service. Each individual employee contribution is what makes that possible.
Part-time non-benefitted Parks Maintenance Staff performs a variety of entry level parks maintenance activities in support of open space, parks, trails, sports fields, special events and other support activities. Employees in this classification may work up to twenty eight hours per week. This position will serve as the tournament maintenance leader March-October. Typical shifts to include: Friday: 3:00p.m.-11:00p.m., Saturday: 7:00a.m.-noon and 4:00p.m.-11:00p.m., Sunday: 7:00a.m.-noon and Monday 7:00a.m.-11:00a.m. Available hours may be affected by weather and tournament schedule. November-February, an alternate schedule will be established, up to 28 hours per week. Athletic field setup experience preferred. Supervisory experience desired.
- Summary of Duties
The below list is intended to be illustrative of the responsibilities of the position and not all encompassing. The Town may change these duties at any time.
- Operates a variety of hand and power equipment used in park maintenance activities including mowers, weed trimming equipment, edgers, blowers and a variety landscaping and hand tools.
- Performs horticultural support including planting/transplanting, mulching, weeding and pruning activities
- Under supervision, assists higher level specialists in the areas irrigations, arbory, forestry, sports field maintenance and related duties.
- Lines fields, picks up trash and empties trash receptacles, cleans rest rooms and performs other custodial duties in the parks and facilities in the parks and near recreation facilities.
- Operates heavy and light duty equipment to perform related maintenance and construction assignments.
- Performs a variety heavy laboring activities including the use of hand tools, a wide variety of power equipment and heavy construction and maintenance equipment.
- Performs routine safety checks of equipment and minor maintenance activities on vehicles and equipment and maintains records of activities
- Maintains a safe working environment to include working in traffic and congested areas, working in ditches and confined spaces and all work environments.
- Prepares necessary records and reports.
- Assists in the cleaning and organization of shop area.
- Performs snow removal activities either by hand or small equipment.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the education and experience to perform the essential functions of the position safely. Some laboring or maintenance work history preferred.
- Colorado Driving License and satisfactory driving record is preferred.
- Pre-employment Drug Testing (Including Marijuana)
- Valid Colorado Driver's License
- Complete and pass a Background Check
- Supplemental Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required:
- Ability to use or learn to use hand tools and light equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read maps and drawings.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with employees and the public.
- Ability to use desktop or handheld computers, office equipment, phones and two-way radios.
- Availability to work on-call schedule.