Town of Erie
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Instructor II - Water Aerobics Instructor
at Town of Erie
The reasons people call Colorado home often include a passion for the outdoors, a diverse and dynamic community and the contemporary pace to life that appeals to all ages! As you'll soon discover, the Town of Erie offers the best of all of these and without a doubt is one of the top places to consider when making your next career move. With majestic mountain views and progressive civic vision, we provide a genuine small-town feel with modern amenities. Our residents enjoy a high quality of life. It is the employees who have been instrumental in creating what Erie is today and continue to shape what it will be in the future. The Town of Erie is an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellent customer service. Each individual employee contribution is what makes that possible.
The Town of Erie, Erie Community Center is currently accepting applications for Program Instructor II Water Aerobics Instructors. The incumbent performs a variety of duties associated with instructing or leading aquatic programs. Employees at this level provide specialized instruction and program supervision which may include the coordination of schedules and activities in assigned area.
- Summary of Duties
The below list is intended to be illustrative of the responsibilities of the position and not all encompassing. The Town may change these duties at any time.
- Performs a variety of duties associated with instructing or leading aquatic programs.
- Provides a safe, effective and supportive learning environment for diverse participants with varying skill levels.
- Stays abreast of latest trends and techniques in areas of expertise. Evaluates class effectiveness and recommends new classes or techniques.
- Plans class curriculum and conducts individualized or group instruction in areas of expertise.
- Uses knowledge and expertise to modify class activities for various participant skill levels.
- Sets up and takes down required program equipment.
- Maintains program related records and reports, including accurate class attendance records.
- Provides exceptional guest service to all participants.
- Maintains frequent communications with other staff within the Community Center and Division and reports any issues or concerns to supervisory staff as needed.
- Ensures the safety of guests and program participants by enforcing all rules and policies with staff and guests.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings
- May participate in or develops marketing material for events and programs.
- May be considered as a subject expert for area of specialization and may train other staff on specific knowledge.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualifications:
- Two years of related work experience or training preferred
- Must successfully pass all required employment screens that may include but not be limited to:
- Drug screen
- Criminal Background Check
- First Aid, CPR and AED certification
- Supplemental Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Knowledge of the current principles, practices, teaching methods and techniques specific to planning and teaching the program of instruction in areas of expertise.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to demonstrate swimming skills and comfort in all depths of the pool.
- Ability to plan and organize safe and effective class curriculum and activities. Ability to effectively present class curriculum, demonstrate proper techniques and respond to questions specific to the program of instruction.
- Ability to adapt class activities to meet for a wide variety of participant skill levels.
- Demonstrate time management skills by beginning and completing assigned shifts and/or utilizing program time effectively.
- Ability to maintain certifications.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in a face paced, chaotic environment to a diverse guest population.
- Ability to remain composed in emergency situations, make sound judgment and work effectively with guest and other recreation staff under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, and Town staff. Including the ability to follow directions and demonstrate professional behavior.
- Ability to communicate, follow and enforce all rules, regulations and policies.Ability to recognize safety hazards and sanitation issues and to notify supervisors
- Ability to operate all assigned equipment safely; ability to set up, maintain and tear down activity related equipment.