Town of Erie
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Recreation Attendant - Guest Service (Concessions)
at Town of Erie
The reasons people call Colorado home often include a passion for the outdoors, a diverse and dynamic community and the contemporary pace to life that appeals to all ages! As you'll soon discover, the Town of Erie offers the best of all of these and without a doubt is one of the top places to consider when making your next career move. With majestic mountain views and progressive civic vision, we provide a genuine small-town feel with modern amenities. Our residents enjoy a high quality of life. It is our employees who have been instrumental in creating what Erie is today and continue to shape what it will be in the future. The Town of Erie is an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellent customer service. Each individual employee contribution is what makes that possible.
The Town of Erie is currently accepting applications to fill seasonal positions to work in concessions for the tournament season from March - October. Specific needs include selected candidates being available to work schedules that may include evening hours Monday - Friday from 5:00 - 10:00p.m.and required to work at least a 5 hour shift between 8:00 am – 10:00 pm for Saturday and/or Sunday tournaments.
- Summary of Duties
The below list is intended to be illustrative of the responsibilities of the position and not all encompassing. The Town may change these duties at any time.
- Performs regular and routine duties in the day to day operations of the Erie Community Center and the Ballpark.
- Handles and processes payments and responsible for assigned funds and receipts.
- May be responsible for opening and/or closing shifts at the Erie Community Center.
- Provides exceptional guest service and answers guest questions in person and over the phone.
- Ensures the safety of guests and program participants by enforcing all rules and policies with staff and guests and practicing safe food handling procedures.Administers first aid, CPR and other medical attention as needed.
- May set up and tear down equipment used for activities and special events.
- Maintains work area, facilities, supplies and equipment to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
- Conducts headcounts according to established schedule.Obtains waivers from guests as needed.
- Maintains frequent communications with other staff and volunteers within the Community Center and Division.Reports any issues or concerns with inventory, facility conditions, policies and incidents to supervisory staff as needed.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings. May assist in the training of new staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualifications:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age to work concessions
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One year related experience preferred
- Must successfully pass all required employment screens that may include but not be limited to:
- Drug screen
- Criminal Background Check
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification
- Pre-employment Drug Testing (Including Marijuana)
- Complete and pass a Background Check
- Supplemental Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Basic knowledge of equipment use and maintenance, facilities, operations, supplies and techniques used in community recreation programs.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies, including safe food handling procedures.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse guest population in a fast paced, chaotic environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, and Town staff. Including the ability to follow directions and demonstrate professional behavior.
- Demonstrate time management skills by beginning and completing assigned shifts and/or utilizing program time effectively.
- Ability to effectively present verbal and written information and respond to questions from guests, program participants, co-workers, supervisors, volunteers, and other Town employees.
- Ability to follow and enforce all rules, regulations and policies.Ability to recognize safety hazards and sanitation issues and to notify supervisors
- Ability to remain composed in emergency situations, make sound judgment and work effectively with guest and other recreation staff under stressful circumstances.Ability to perform first aid, CPR and other medical attention as needed.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of recreation related equipment. Ability to set up and tear down equipment for scheduled activities and special events.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of standard office equipment, computers and various application programs including recreation related specialty software applications.