Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Splunk Engineer
at Parsons Corporation
Senior Splunk Engineer
Parsons develops cutting edge analytics, data visualization, pattern detection, mission planning, and mobile software using highly scalable enterprise architectures. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs but also consistently exceeding their expectations.
The position is a technical leadership role. The candidate will lead teams and head mission-critical projects centered on log aggregation, data correlation, and analytics. The candidate will work as a part of the Parsons Corporate Infrastructure Team reporting to the Parsons Enterprise Solutions Manager. The focus of this work is centered on primarily engineering, architecting, maintain, and monitoring a large SPUNK deployment in cloud environments. The critical aspect of this job will be to build and sustain the Splunk technical capability for consumption by the various departments in the company. The successful candidate will have experience in architecting, implementing, and using Splunk solutions and applications to integrate data feeds and create content in a distributed computing environment. The candidate must have a strong background in Splunk Enterprise Security and cloud deployments and be able to work collaboratively with Cyber security personnel, other IT engineers, architects, and diverse end-users on a geographically distributed team. Some travel to offices in other regions may be required.
The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and is a highly motivated fast learner. The candidate must also be analytical and driven by the challenge of solving technical problems in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated track record of managing day-to-day tasks while at the same time, being involved and staying on track with strategic initiatives and projects.
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5 + years of current experience in technical consulting or big data analytics
- 5 + years of Cyber Security experience (security analytics, SOC experience)
- 3 years Splunk engineering experience
- Splunk Certified Admin, Splunk Certified Architect, Splunk Certified Developer
- Must have strong Linux system administration and engineering skills; must be very comfortable administering servers from the command line and working with configuration files. (Ansible, Git Hub, Automation, Python, CentOS 7, RHEL 7)
- Universal/Heavy Forwarder configuration experience (Including encryption and compression setting)
- Deep experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, Perl, Python or Java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Ability to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Willing to travel (10%)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Deep proficiency in client and server operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Familiarity with key security events on common IT platforms
- Provides Professional Services / Splunk architecture: Responsible for design, implementation, and troubleshooting Splunk environments
- Regularly interface with internal technical staff, including Stakeholders, Project Managers of projects in complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on SPLUNK engagements.
- Manage time and meet or exceed expectations defined in various SPLUNK delivery efforts.
- Deploys Splunk in clustered and non-clustered environments (based on needs; includes indexer clusters and search head clusters)
- Manages Splunk knowledge objects (Apps, Dashboards, Saved Searches, Scheduled Searches, Alerts)
- Educate stakeholders on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning.
- Participate in projects intended to continually improve/upgrade SPLUNK environments.
- Assist in the management of projects using Infrastructure as Code and DevOps philosophies.
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and stakeholders to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.