Patterson Companies, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist II
at Patterson Companies, Inc
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Category
- Administrative - Clerical
- Animal Health International, Inc.
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
We are seeking a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to perform a variety of accounts payable focused accounting tasks. The Accounts Payable Specialist role is responsible for processing daily invoices into accounts payable systems using a three (3) way match-up process within SAP.
Accounts Payable Specialist responsibilities include keeping A/P vendor accounts current and reconciled, invoice entry for inventory purchased matching to the purchase order/goods receipt using the accounting software programs identifying and communicating any discrepancies.
- Providing invoice entry into accounting system verifying cost, freight, misc. charges associated with inventory purchases for the accounts payable department.
- Accurate, timely, appropriate invoice entry using automated accounting system ensuring adequate documentation for SOX compliance.
- Engaging in check preparation process, reconciling vendor statements, communicating and/or resolving discrepancies.
- Enter invoices against purchase orders and verify accuracy of invoices.
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct,
- Other job duties as assigned to the accounts payable specialist role.
Accounts Payable Specialist Requirements:
- High school Diploma required.
Familiarity with 3-Way match process using an automated accounting system.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts payable clerk.
- A successful accounts payable clerk should be familiar with all accounting/department procedures.
- Have a flair for numbers along with great organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3+ years related accounting experience in a professional environment using MS Office.
- Understanding of payment terms and discount structure.
- Ability to handle high volume data-entry to support multiple business units.
Preferred Accounts Payable Specialist Experience:
- Associate Degree in accounting preferred or equivalent of 3-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer systems or SAP.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.