Patterson Companies, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fleet Driver III
at Patterson Companies, Inc
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Category
- Supply Chain
- Animal Health International, Inc.
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Perform effective, safe and efficient driving duties
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transacting all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics & conduct and all policies
- Aligning with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Driving assigned vehicle and delivering/picking up products
- Collecting money from customers and helping resolve service complaints
- Loading and unloading assigned vehicle. Ensure all loads are properly secure for transport.
- Operating all the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieving assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Helping maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse and vehicle
- Handling all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Assuring routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle and vehicle is always in a good and safe condition
- Adherence with DOT drug & alcohol testing.
- Follow all local, state and federal motor carrier laws.
- Follow company biosecurity policies and customer biosecurity protocols as required.
- Submit all required daily, weekly and monthly compliance reports.
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and fleet goals and objectives
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- Maintaining acceptable driving record, current driver’s license and applicable endorsements
- May require overnight runs.
- As assigned
Ethics & Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Moving 50% of the time
- Stationary position 50% of the time
- Load and unload a vehicle
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Move loads on pallet jack (w/pallets/totes/barrels) weighing up to 2500 lbs.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Assigned vehicle/vehicles
- Electronic Driver Logs as required
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
Education or Formal Training:
- CDL, Class A, Hazmat endorsement, driving vehicles or combination vehicles up to 80k GVWR.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Obtain a satisfactory MVR review.
- Maintain additional endorsements as required by equipment (airbrakes, tanker)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle
- Knowledge of delivery area and ability to read maps
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Basic problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Effective time management skills
- One-year experience as a delivery driver preferred
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.