Patterson Companies, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler Supervisor
at Patterson Companies, Inc
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Category
- Animal Health International, Inc.
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Who are we looking for?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, is seeking Full Time Material Handler Supervisor to join our team in Greeley, Colorado.
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Post offer pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
Ensure success of the day-to-day operation of the department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Align with the Company’s Purpose, Vision and Values
- Supervise/oversee all aspects of the department
- Oversee departmental direction and priorities, help allocate resources, help make assignments and set deadlines
- Possess knowledge/expertise and ability to perform all warehouse duties including picking, packing, receiving, counting and tracking inventory
- Provide strong knowledge and expertise using all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and lever of expertise in the handling of hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs, along with the regulations and laws surrounding their shipment.
- Oversee that the department and equipment are operating and maintained in a safe, cost effective manner and condition
- Assist in the implementation of performance metrics, tracking KPIs and reporting performance
- Provide a secure, clean and safe warehouse
- Perform all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Solid industry knowledge and overall warehouse operations, responsibilities, experience, time management and expectations to allow for minimal supervision
- High level warehouse equipment/machinery operating skills
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify, analyze and recommend solutions with the ability to lead, communicate and transfer knowledge to others
- Knowledge in all areas concerned with the distribution business
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, cutoffs and budgetary requirements
- Solid organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and supervision skills
- Solid computer skills with various applications
Education or Formal Training:
- College degree preferred, minimum High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of three years of operations/warehouse management/supervision
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General office equipment
- General warehouse equipment
- MS Office, Shipping and proprietary software
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Move up 75 lbs.
- Extended hours as required
- Moving 50% of the time
- Stationary position 50% of the time
Positions Reporting to This Position:
- Material Handlers
- Lead Material Handlers
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.