Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Clinical Operations - Convenient Care Center
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Director of Clinical Operations - Convenient Care Center|
|Department Location:||Convenient Care Center, 3205 N. Academy, Suite 105, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert, Arapahoe and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves 94,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Statement of Work:
Provides transparent oversight of the leadership of clinical operations, in partnership with the Medical Director, of their assigned health center(s) through the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Team Onboarding, development and training
- Assures team competencies
- Assures Certification and trainings are up to date
- Through interdepartmental communication, initiates the hiring, orientation, and training processes for new and existing team members (to include providers, clinical and support team members).
- Ongoing coaching and development focused on team based care
- Team Experience
- Monitoring Q12 and team engagement
- Team Turn Over
- Timely Evaluations
- Organizational/Clinical Culture
- Exemplifying the Core Values
- Promotes interdepartmental collaboration, coordination and integration
- Bi-directional corporate and team communication
- Serve as a liaison and lead communicator between administration and clinic staff.
- Communication should be presented in concise, understandable fashion that provides sufficient information on the background and reasoning for decisions or initiatives.
- Seek input and feedback from those affected by changes and share this feedback during Leadership Team Meetings
- Strengths development Team ratios/schedules and flexibility
- On-Site Meetings: To provide direction for, oversight of and follow up to:
- Bi Monthly Team Meetings
- Leadership Meetings
- Team Huddles
- Continual support for the corporate Mission and values through:
- Maintaining measures centered upon Patient Access
- Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) focus
- Manages and maintains team schedules to support patient access during posted hours of operation
- Care of Coordination
- Patient Experience
- Management of patient complaints, dismissals, narcotic issues in collaboration with providers and care teams.
- Panel Management/PCP assignment/attribution
- Patient advocacy/Exemplary customer service
- Engagement and follow up with patient surveys and feedback
- Comment cards
- Patient letters/calls
- Trending and team coaching/accountability
- Community Involvement
- Represents PVCHC and communicates its philosophy and mission at community functions
- Hosts and coordinates visits for visitors, politicians or other people coming to the clinic.
- Maintenance of clinical scope and practices
- Operates within Board approved hours of operations
- Policies and procedures: Assist as requested in the development of policies and procedures related to
- operational issues and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Assure safe and well maintained facilities and that signage is clear, up-to-date and professional.
- Responsible to coordinate with the PVCHC system the implementation and assessment of adherence to all regulations and compliance standards (OSHA, CLIA, AAHS, Medicare and Medicaid, etc.)
- Run quality reports, analyze the data and implements a quality improvement process to improve measures.
- Monitors and seeks to improve measures in compliance with all expected performance measures (to include but not limited): AAHD, KPI, HRSA, Internal Clinical benchmarks, CMS, ACO Quality Goals, Medicare/Medicaid, 3rd Party Insurers and UDS Quality Goals
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care management.
- Ensures that all clinic equipment or devices are inspected annually through the outside vendor.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills of all computer programs being used in the health center.
- Productivity and Revenues
- Manage provider productivity standards (as established in Annual Encounter Expectation documents)
- Develops annual encounter expectations for the clinic
- Give providers their productivity data at least monthly
- Explores alternative opportunities to meet standards
- Operates within allotted expense budget(s)
- Adheres to corporate pay structures and staff grading expectations
- Closely monitors and manages financial practices of the clinic(s)
- Exemplifies and leads team toward corporate stewardship expectations
- Manages and supports grant related measures and performance/reporting expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Clinical Team Managers and Program Manager
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or other health related field strongly preferred. Master’s degree is health related field is preferred.
Previous work in healthcare arena, such as practice management or leading a health clinic required. Three years of experience in management, leadership and direct supervision required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet software and Database software.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.