Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Clinical Operations - Pediatrics
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Director of Clinical Operations - Pediatrics|
|Locations:||2828 International Cir, Suite 160|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves 90,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Located at 2828 International Circle, Suite 140 Colorado Springs, CO
General Description of Duties:
Ensures that a larger more complex clinic site operates effectively, efficiently and consistent with the PVCHC model of care delivery, focusing on PVCHC mission and goals included in the strategic and operation plans. Provide senior leadership at the clinic and manage all aspects of the clinic’s health care delivery system. Senior leadership functions shall be carried out through implementation of a leadership team approach to shared decision making among the Clinical Leadership Team.
Vice President of Clinical Operations.
Clinical Team Manager and Program Manager
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or other health related field strongly preferred. Master’s degree is health related field is preferred.
Previous work in healthcare arena, such as practice management or leading a health clinic required. Two years of experience in management, leadership and direct supervision.
The Clinical Team Director (CTD) is accountable for all of the areas in the clinic listed below. Many of these duties are likely to be delegated to managers or supervisors; however, the accountability still resides with the CTD.
- Adequate staffing: Maintains established staffing ratios and coverage
- Development and training: Assure staff competency, certification and training are adequate. Participate and assist in managing the hiring, orientation, and training process for new employees or existing staff.
Clinic leadership team: Coordination, facilitation and development of the clinic leadership team. Support a culture which promotes interdepartmental collaboration, coordination and integration. Resolve clinic interdepartmental disputes. Attend and participate meetings led by Administration.
- Communication lead: Serve as a liaison and lead communicator between administration and clinic staff. Communication should be presented in a concise, understandable fashion that provides sufficient information on the background and reasoning for decisions or initiatives. Seek input and feedback from those affected by changes and share this feedback during Leadership Team Meetings.
- On-site Meeting Coordination: Lead and coordinate site leadership and all staff meetings at least bi- monthly. Ensure that all staff attends meetings and that meeting minutes are kept.
- Patient issues: Management of patient complaints, dismissals, narcotic issues in collaboration with providers and care teams.
- Policies and procedures: Assist as requested in the development of policies and procedures related to operational issues and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Provider productivity: Manage provider productivity standards in collaboration with the Medical/Dental Vice President’s. Give providers their productivity data at least monthly.
- Safety: Assure safe and well maintained facilities and that signage is clear, up-to-date and professional. Responsible to coordinate with the PVCHC system the implementation and assessment of adherence to all regulations and compliance standards (OSHA, CLIA, AAHC, Medicare and Medicaid, etc.)
- Scheduling: Manage the medical, behavior health and dental provider scheduling, time off requests and ADP so the clinic is open and accessible for patients during posted hours of operation. Schedule support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Community: Represents PVCHC and communicates its philosophy and mission at community functions. Hosts and coordinates visits for visitors, politicians or other people coming to the clinic.
- Customer Service Liaison: Serves as the liaison between the Customer Service Center and clinic to be sure scheduling and communication practices are smooth.
- Continuous Quality improvement (CQI): At least monthly, run quality reports, analyze the data and implement a quality improvement process to improve measures. Monitors and seeks to improve measures.
- Data, Analytics and Auditing: Works with the Director of Clinical Informatics and Reporting and Business Intelligence in developing and managing data needs for the clinical practice.Development: Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care management
- Electronic Health Record: Maintains current knowledge and skills of all computer programs being used at Peak Vista.
- Equipment/devices: Ensures that all clinic equipment or devices are inspected annually through the outside vendor.
- Leadership: Provides senior level leadership to ensure that the site operates effectively, efficiently and consistently with the PVCHC model of care delivery, focusing on PVCHC’s mission and goals included in the strategic plan.
- Management: Supervises assigned staff including development, training, coaching, hiring, performance evaluation, time management and payroll. Ensures the clinic completes performance reviews within deadlines using appropriate templates and feedback techniques, may guide and assist with reviews for other staff members. Hold managers and leads accountable for duties outlined in their job description or duties assigned. Implement progressive disciplinary process using the approved HR forms. Assist and coach managers and leads to effectively manage all staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, objectives, structures, team building and culture change. Ø Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical/dental staff and the public. Ability to manage difficult or angry patients.
- Effective organizational, time management and delegation skills
- Knowledge of medical communication systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Knowledge of fiscal management.
- Skill in leadership, management and direct supervision of employees including administering disciplinary action and performance evaluations.
- Skill in planning, organizing, coordinating and project management
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to create a clinic atmosphere which encourages motivation, innovation and high performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in public settings.
- Experience with project management preferred
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.