Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Platform Business Development
at Pearson Group
Secure academic partnerships with colleges to service the AcceleratedPathways corporate partner learner needs. Provide first-rate service to partnercolleges as a relationship manager. Work with key decision makers at eachcollege, including presidents, provosts, deans, department chairs, IT, facultymembers, and business administrators to ensure both the successful initiallaunch of programs and the securing of new student populations as part of thepartnership. In addition, the Director continuously demonstrates value topartners through thoughtful strategy, planning, management and oversight ofoperational matters. In partnership with the Directors of Academic PartnerOperations, provide advocacy and representation within Accelerated Pathways onbehalf of the partner colleges. Actively support and enforce defined escalationand communication plans.
- Manage all aspects of the college partner acquisition process, from prospect outreach to contract execution.
- Work closely with Accelerated Pathways leadership to align prospecting and existing partner expansion objectives and activities with the needs of the business.
- Maintain strong, C-level relationships with partner colleges.
- Develop an annual plan for each partner college, outlining key strategic priorities for the Pearson relationship with that institution for the year.
- Work closely with the college partner and internal Pearson stakeholders to implement and bring to closure key strategic priorities as outlined in the annual plan for each partner college.
- Work with the Director of Academic Operations to create and implement a comprehensive plan to acquire new student populations for assigned college partners.
- Assist with management and oversight of launch activities.
The Director, Platform Business Development will be incented tomaintain positive relationships with his/her assigned accounts, and to growPearson Accelerated Pathways business in those accounts. The Director will alsoprospect, develop, and sign new institutional accounts as the needs of theAccelerated Pathways business may dictate. Performance measures:
● School account revenue
● New college signings
● School account contract retention and renewals
● Ensurespartner colleges are apprised of Accelerated Pathways strategic initiatives andvalue propositions, and actively promote participation.
● Workswith Operations team on resolving strategic process improvement matters forassigned partner colleges.
● Coordinateand manage college partner-facing reviews.
● Act asthe internal escalation point of contact to Operations, Business Developmentand Account Managers teams for strategic matters at assigned colleges.
● Participatein meetings as appropriate with Operations, Account Managers, and BusinessDevelopment to ensure alignment, provide direction, review issues, updates,outstanding college approvals and deliverables, and address questions.
● Maintain executive relationships andcommunication with sponsoring executives in partner Schools, on Pearson'sbehalf.
● Be the point of executive escalation forstrategic concerns at the College.
● Coordinate formal partnership review andplanning, at least semi-annually.
● Meet on-campus with leadership and collegeoperators, ideally every -quarter.
● Maintain relationships with BusinessDevelopment and Account Management teams to identify opportunities to expandexisting partnerships, and advocate for expansion where appropriate.
● During implementation:
○ Coordinate introduction of implementation anddelivery resources
○ Provide guidance to implementation teamregarding roles and responsibilities of College personnel, politics, messaging
○ Coordinate initial meetings and warm hand-offto Operations team for management of day-to-day work
○ Monitor status and work to resolve and/orescalate issues as appropriate
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· Candidatemust have a minimum of 10 years' experience with successful and demonstrabletrack record in business development in higher education.
· Bachelor'sdegree strongly preferred OR appropriate combination of experience andeducation
· Experiencein selling intangibles – selling solutions vs. products; sales process focused.
· Handson leader with a high degree of personal accountability and integrity.
· Territorymanagement expertise.
· Developsolicitation strategies; write effective proposals; and communicate effectivelyand establish cooperative working relationships.
· Excellentnegotiation skills and experience developing and structuring agreements tosupport Online Learning Services and partner objectives.
· Results-orientedprofessional with strong work ethic. Demonstrated success workingindependently, working on many activities concurrently.
· Outstandinginterpersonal, written communication and strong/succinct oral communicationskills essential.
· Relationshipbuilder – both internally and externally.
· Abilityto travel up to 50% of the time.