Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- AMERISTAR BLACK HAWK
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Casino Operations
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Sells chips and provides change to guests in the Poker Room.
- Escorts players to their seats; retains knowledge of player preferences in order to provide superior customer service.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls to the Poker Room.
- Maintains cleanliness of the Poker Room.
- Logs Poker players into the computer system (when installed) in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Adds player names to the Poker Room wait list.
- Periodically audits and replenishes Poker inventory as directed by supervisor.
- Manages the sign-up process for Poker tournaments.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; two (2) years of customer service experience and general knowledge of poker preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Must have strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Must possess good cash handling skills.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift or hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating days off.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer