Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Table Games Assistant Manager
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- AMERISTAR BLACK HAWK
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Casino Operations
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Table Games department. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Works closely with the Assistant Shift Manager and/or Shift Manager to implement and oversee overall strategies for customer service, comping, games layout and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability.
- Makes suggestions for improvements to standard operating procedures as needed.
- Shares responsibility for the overall engagement of all team members with Assistant Shift and/or Shift Manager by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
- Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, dice, and all other gaming equipment.
- Assists with verifications of table inventories and effectively manages table limits.
- Assists in the maintenance and processing of all paperwork, logs, schedules, and communication pertaining to the Table Games department.
- Maintains a continuous inspection of cards and dice ensuring the security of assigned table games.
- Shares responsibility for the overall integrity of daily operations.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Ensures efficient operations table games protection.
- Monitors chips and cash transactions between dealers and customers and ensures that proper payout amounts are paid to customers, in accordance with established procedures.
- Accounts for chips on assigned games. This includes making fills and credits as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Associate degree (A.A.) in related field; two (2) years of experience in Table Games; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and have knowledge of Table Games operating systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have knowledge of all Table Games and Table Games Operations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work any shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer