Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OMS Systems Support Specialist
System experience can be cross multiple platforms (Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed, Networking). Provide Tier-1 hardware and software application support.
Monitor and execute batch processing on multiple OS platforms using line commands, menus, and GUI interfaces. Perform file system restores. Execute backups and scheduling tasks using CA-Scheduler; OPC, TWS, etc., or any other scheduler being used for the customer requirements.
- Monitor MVS and UNIX environments and respond to alerts.
- Performed Disaster Recovery testing for all our business units, on an annual basis.
- Work on Mainframe network and application issues in a Help Desk and a data center environment. Maintain AS400 hardware, software, network connectivity.
- Monitor Z/OS mainframe computer system, Amdahl 4570, AS/400, Solaris 9, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Maintain the monitoring NIMSOFT software to monitor all the LPAR's
- Manage Hardware and Software maintenance for System i and HMC, including Fix Packages, Software Upgrades, and Hardware Upgrades for both OS and 3rd Party Applications.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve equipment and line faults by referring issues to vendors or implementing back-up and recovery processes
- MISCELLANEOUS: Extract data into MS Excel, MS Access, and format data to prepare for periodic compliance activities. Resolve all syntax errors as necessary using IBM tools. Respond to in-house & client inquires. Run IBM scripts on target servers to obtain data for re-validations. Validate server inventory access and report access issues for resolution.
- Ability to support IBM OS/390 -- Z/OS systems.
- Ability to monitor production & daily performance of all platforms.
- ManageNow, ServiceNow, ISM, or Remedy Ticketing system
- OS400 System Software
- System Restoration, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability
- Multi-System Monitoring Software
- CL Programming
- System Security
- Technical and Operational Documentation
- HMC Console, Operations Console
- Client Access and Operations Navigator
- System Auditing
- HA/DR Replication Solution using iTera Software Package
- Moderate to difficult computer skills
- Experience using Excel and Word is required.
- Ability to use email, communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow detailed processes/instructions is required.
- Employee may be requested to assist with individual and shift schedules in accordance with budget guidelines and may be required to work under remote supervision.
- Enjoys Working in a Fast-paced Environment.
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware and Related Services.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Reg. Full-time Benefitted