Post Acute Medical
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credentialing Specialist (open to current LifeCare Credentialing Specialist)
at Post Acute Medical
- PAM Specialty Hospital of Dayton
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for coordinating all medical staff office responsibilities and functions and supports compliance with the Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies relative to all functions of the medical staff. This position serves as a resource and provides support services to physicians, including credentialing, education/orientation, quality assurance/performance improvement and other department and committee activities. This position may perform administrative duties for members of the hospital leadership team. The Credentialing Specialist is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and hospital activities to ensure
individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to the hospital. Has contact with patients in a non-clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the
adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
- Effectively coordinates and completes the credentialing process including, but not limited to analysis of eligibility of applicant, tracking of
application, verifying applicant’s credentials, monitoring time frames to assure compliance; correlation of data; assessing the application for
completeness and/or variances from acceptable data collection and maintains files and records.
- Informs applicants of status of their application, including acceptance to the medical staff and privileges granted. Resolves any conflicting data
received during the credentialing process and resolves with applicant.
- Effectively prepares credential files for provisional, appointment and/or reappointment review to include preparation of applicant files for
presentation to the Medical Executive Committee.
- Completes the re-appointment process in its entirety to assure medical staff members and allied health professionals are re-appointed within
the specified timeframe. Assures completion of medical staff profiles, including appropriate signatures and comments, prior to presentation to
- Works with Quality Management to support required focused and ongoing professional performance evaluations of practitioners for the peer
review process and prepares reports of findings for presentation to the various committees.
- On an ongoing basis, verifies the current licensure of all credentialed practitioners including current status of controlled substances
registrations, board certifications, and medical malpractice insurance coverage documentation and enters information in credentialing software
program on a timely basis. Communicates physician contact information and clinical privilege information to appropriate staff. Responds to
various hospital organizations’ inquiries regarding medical staff.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Two years administrative clerical experience. Previous healthcare experience in the credentialing process preferred. Knowledge of JCAHO,
HCFA and other regulatory agencies desired. Has effective working knowledge of credentialing software in order to enter data, maintain data
integrity and prepare rep
Post Acute Medical, LLC, (PAM) based in Enola, Pa., provides post-acute healthcare services through over 33 long-term acute care hospitals and medical rehabilitation hospitals and 15 outpatient physical therapy locations in nine states. PAM is committed to providing high-quality patient care and outstanding customer service, coupled with loyalty and dedication of highly trained staff, to be the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves. Our mission is to serve people by providing compassionate, expert care and to support recovery through education and research. Learn more at www.postacutemedical.com.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.