Power Equipment Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Power Equipment Company
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Since 1936 Power Equipment Company (PECO) has been a distributor of heavy construction and aggregate equipment serving the construction, mining and aggregate industries in multiple locations. PECO is looking for an experienced Service Writer for the Colorado Springs location. All locations provide equipment rentals and sales as well as complete parts and service support for all of our product lines. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and are dedicated to supporting your equipment now and in the future in order to guarantee your success.
This position offers great salary, benefits, 401(k) plan, paid time off, and employee referral bonus!
This position will apply basic skills and procedures appropriate for the position within assigned, functional area. Duties and tasks are varied but standardized. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Power Equipment Company is committed to leadership and continuous improvement in environment, health and safety practices for the benefit of its employees, customers, and communities.
Essential Job Functions:
Work Order Administration:
Processing paperwork from In-Box daily including:
- Job Jackets, Notes, Invoices, Parts returns
Prepping work orders:
- Coding vendor invoices in a timely manner for the accounting department
- Keying vendor invoices into internal and external work orders
- Interpreting and entering mechanic notes daily for field jobs & shop
- Summarize mechanic notes for customer invoice (cause, complaint, correction)
- Deduct parts returns from open work orders as submitted, to maintain accurate inventory
- Code and submit expense reports for employee reimbursement. Post to work orders
- Code and submit Wells Fargo receipts. Post to work orders
- Obtain Purchase Orders for customer billing on jobs where one is required.
- Invoice work orders & mail to customers
Other Service Administration:
- Issue customer credits when necessary
- Scan job packets into the PECO Archiver
- Other activities as directed by the Shop and Field Supervisors with any needs they have, parts transfers, etc.
- Deduct core credits when turned in (under $1000.00). If over that amount, deduct only after Volvo has evaluated
- Maintain the WIP Report
- Answer and direct incoming service related phone calls to appropriate personal
- Distribute service mail daily
- Daily time uploads for field and shop technicians
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years' experience in the Heavy Equipment Industry
- 3+ years technical Service Writing experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must be able to pass a background check with a clean MVR
Power Equipment Company is an equal opportunity employer