Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Night Fleet Dispatch- Denver, CO
at Prime, inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Prime's enviable reputation within the transportation industry is a culmination of more than forty-five years of dedication to a unique corporate culture which seeks the most qualified professionals and routinely rewards them accordingly. Every Prime associate, driving and non-driving alike, is selected for their outstanding ability to perform well beyond typical expectations.
Positive, enterprising and highly-motivated individuals who possess the talent, creativity and drive to excel, routinely succeed once they join the Prime Team. The stated goal of Prime is simply to strive to be the best, not necessarily the biggest. The Prime Team cooperates to exceed customer requirements by providing exceptional customer service.
Prime has been built on the simple, yet significant philosophy that providing the best staff with the best equipment, the best support system and the best training ultimately leads to the best customer service. Prime's continued success is a direct result of a corporate culture that instills and inspires each associate to remain committed to reaching the pinnacle of their inherent potential.
We are looking for an eager, self-motivated individual to join our Night Fleet Dispatch team in order to help lead our drivers and our company to success. The responsibilities of this position are:
- Analyze dispatch information to ensure ability of driver to meet service standards.
- Monitor compliance relating to Federal DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations relating to hazardous material hauling, HOS (Hours of Service) regulations, accident reporting, and driver personnel records.
- Proactively monitor on-time pickup/delivery performance and freight security using prescribed systems.
- Accurately complete accident reports per company policy.
- Effectively communicate Company policy and service expectations to drivers.
- Coordinate load relays to prevent service failures using prescribed guidelines/procedures.
- Answer multi-line phone in timely manner to maintain communication standards with drivers.
- Process QUALCOMM messages in timely manner.
- Practice punctuality and efficiency when completing all assigned tasks.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information regarding service/driver issues to Day Fleet Manager.
- Complete continuing training as directed by management.
- Practice Company Core Values.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Basic knowledge of trucking/transportation industry preferred, but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to execute logical decisions quickly. Ability to multitask in dynamic, fast-paced, team oriented environment. Good computer and keyboarding skills with the ability to accurately type at 40 WPM. Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Flexible schedule with the ability to work at least 48 hours per week and the ability to work overnights and weekends required.
Experience, Education, and Training
Four year college degree in supply chain management or other business related field or at least two years management experience preferred.
Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment.