Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lean Construction Manager
Job Title:Lean Construction Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
This role will be responsible for working with GCs and subcontractors to maximize value, minimize costs, create efficiencies and improve productivity involved with specific construction projects. The Lean Construction Manager will work with leadership and development teams across the US to implement innovative tools and systems to further accelerate project delivery and reduce costs.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Implement and monitor planning and performance management processes and tools to lower costs, reduce construction times/schedules and ensure more productive and efficient projects.
- Gather KPIs in the field and update productivity dashboards
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement; act on them during current projects and apply lessons learned to future projects
- Monitor utilization of huddle boards at GC and subcontractor levels
- Conduct pull planning follow-up sessions, infield observations and wrench time observations to generate insights and solutions
- Drive implementation of productivity improvement initiatives with the GC and subcontractors, and validate impact on productivity
- Optimize site and equipment utilization, material layout and flow
- Create a central database and share across Prologis to promote lean construction where appropriate
- Communicate effectively with internal leaders and development teams to ensure support for resources and implementation of solutions
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a field superintendent and/or project engineer
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management
- Lean certifications are desirable
- Proficiency with scheduling tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Primavera 3/6)
- Proven record of problem solving and approaching creative solutions
- Travel 80% of the time at various project locations; first pilot in Livermore, CA
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.