Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Ledger Supervisor/Controller in Denver, CO at ProSource
at ProSource Wholesale
ProSource of Denver is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our growing team!
Oversees general ledger operations and preparation of financial statements. Monitors and confirms financial condition by analyzing reports and overseeing reconciliations and audits; Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, procedures, and internal controls. Assists Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in the overall direction, of Accounting/Finance/Payroll, Contracts, & HR Department. Supervises small staff in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial statements for Sr. Management and the Board of Directors.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data and variance analysis.
- Maintain a small staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees.
- Manage staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Work with Sr. Management to achieve budget objectives by analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide information and work with an outside accounting firm for tax return preparation.
- Work with the CFO to manage commercial banking relationships
- Assist staff with complex or abstract account reconciliations
Resolve escalated issues from accounts payable
- Review, and determine acceptable Supplier Credit Applications Terms & Conditions.
- Partner with internal departments to improve and optimize accuracy on financial transactions and accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.