Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud Migration Business Analyst
Quisitive is a digital technology consulting firm that leverages the strengths of technology, data insight and digital experience to empower organizations on their journey to digitally transform. Quisitive, in its name and mission, was inspired by envisioning a new approach to the industry, one that began with asking the right questions to break down the barriers to business innovation rather than relying solely upon technology. This belief ensures the solutions we develop treat the underlying causes of our clients’ issues and lay the foundation for business transformation.
We believe that a “one size fits all” solution simply doesn’t work – we tailor each solution to the unique challenges our clients’ face, bringing to the table an integrated team of consultants and a custom approach that creates a viable, valuable and feasible solution for our customers. We know innovation lies in the heads and hands of those who can blend the black and white world of technology with the shades of gray in business. We are looking for a Cloud Migration Business Analyst that can bring their expertise, experiences and perspective to the Quisitive team to help us build solutions that empower holistic and tangible transformation at every level.
Quisitive has offices in Dallas, TX, and Denver, CO.
We are looking for a Cloud Migration Business Analyst in Denver.
The Cloud Migration Business Analyst helps the team to do the following:
- Formulate a plan to identify the business needs with the stakeholders
- Conduct stakeholder meetings to identify the best understood business needs, with the ability to recognize a logical priority of the needs
- Able to effectively communicate with the stakeholders in business terms, with the ability to translate technical jargon into non-technical language
- Able to effectively capture, document, and manage both the high-level and detailed business process and requirements throughout the software development lifecycle
- Able to assess business process inefficiencies and suggest improvements that have tangible business value
- Ability to assess and determine logical work breakdown structures
- Identify and address key operational, product, or support system gaps that will hinder achievement of global business plans.
- Able to identity success criteria for any given deliverable
- Engage with solution architects to confirm proposed designs will fulfill the requirements
- Deliver quickly and efficiently, displaying confidence through times of uncertainty
- Avoid “paralysis by analysis”
- Focus on value to the customer (stakeholder, business) in every meeting and interaction
- Ability to synthesize information such as financial statements, GL reports, and other reports in order to provide cost comparisons
Desired Skills and Experience
The qualifications of the successful BA include:
- Ease and confidence leading discussions in tense or uncertain circumstances to achieve consensus and a way forward
- Ability to explore and understand complex business needs and processes
- Keen focus on customer and business value
- Ability to empathize and communicate with all stakeholders from the business to the team and external vendors in terms they understand and in ways that build them up
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem-solving and root-cause analysis
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to succeed in close collaboration with stakeholders, developers, testers, UI/UX, application and system administrators, help desk, training specialists, and others
- In addition, the following, while not necessary, are a plus:
- Understanding of financial systems, payment processing, PCI, and the finance industry in general
- Understanding of cloud technology
- Project Coordination
The BA will have the aptitude and/or experience to handle the following tasks or activities that the team may need on a daily basis:
- Presentation skills for presenting analysis, demonstrating software, training, and conducting or leading User-Acceptance Testing
- Ease with multiple forms of documentation that are expected or may be helpful to the team, including ROI analysis, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance Tests (BDD or ATDD), Business Process Diagrams, Flow Diagrams, Training Documentation, Unified Modeling Language (UML), or User Guides, and so on
- Assist with Agile events like sprint planning, reporting, etc
The ideal BA candidate will demonstrate at least 1 - 3 years’ experience in the areas outlined above. The following experiences or skills will be an asset in demonstrating that aptitude and readiness to contribute:
- Developing client facing deliverables and presentations
- Familiarity with financial statements
- Familiarity with Azure services and vocabulary
- Familiarity and experience with widely practiced software development methodologies, i.e. Agile, Extreme Programming (XP), MSF
- Familiarity with TFS or VSTS
- Familiarity with the Lean Forms of Waste and/or the Agile Manifesto
- Transitioning from Waterfall or Iterative to Lean or Agile Practices
- Previous professional consulting experience preferred.