RE-1 Valley Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RE-1 Valley Schools
Openings as of 6/15/2019
- Paraeducator-ESL JobID: 628
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Sterling High School Paraeducator-ESL
Sterling High School
9-month, 155 days/school year, part-time
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Associates degree or higher OR minimum of 48 college credits OR Gold certificate through the Work Keys test (contact the Workforce Center for information and schedule)
2. Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriated and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Teacher/Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide a well-organized, smooth functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
1. Under supervision of licensed teacher(s), prepare for classroom activity.
2. Work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
3. Assist individual children in need of special attention.
4. Perform clerical duties.
5. Guide independent study, enrichment work and remedial work set up by the teacher.
6. Set up audiovisual equipment.
7. Assist the teacher with non-instructional classroom duties.
8. Check notebooks, correct papers and supervise testing and makeup work.
9. Assist in drill work.
10. Assist small groups of students in the library or classroom.
11. Participate in in-service training programs.
12. Provide tutorial assistance to students under the supervision of a licensed teacher.