Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Customer Service/Support
The Operations Manager ensures quality customer care for Reed Group’s Leave services clients by acting as a knowledgeable information resource and liaison between all parties involved in leave absence programs. In addition, the Operations Manager serves as a resource for the team, answering client specific questions and inquiries and assisting in training and developing staff.
Who We Are: ReedGroup, a Guardian company, is a dynamic, fast growing organization that employs nearly 1,500 people at 11 locations globally. We are a top provider in the Absence Management industry and provide our services to major companies including a substantial number of Fortune 100 companies. We are committed to improving health and productivity outcomes while controlling costs - it is at the core of our comprehensive solutions which are designed to return people to their active lifestyles and allow businesses to thrive.
Our Vision: Healthy and Productive People. Thriving Businesses.
Our Mission: ReedGroup connects the ecosystem of the health, work and life with …
- The best service experience for clients and employees.
- Trusted content and experience.
- Strong partnerships across healthcare and insurance.
- Innovative technology to drive simplicity.
- Comprehensive data to create meaningful insights.
- Responsible for communication between the administrative team and the clinical team, for all parties in FMLA client absence programs including employees, client company, health care providers and clinical partners.
- Ensures legal compliance and confidentiality, provides timely notifications to employees and client company, reviews documentation for approvals and denials, responds to periodic audits.
- Directs Customer Service Specialists, LOA Case Managers, and/or Disability Case Managers workload on a daily basis by reassigning cases or tasks as needed.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining schedules for the team.
- Makes recommendations for second and third opinions when indicated and concurred with by Sr. Operations Manager.
- Maintains FMLA and absence information in the Software System, including comprehensive activity notes during periods of time where there may be an open position on the team. Assists the Customer Service Specialists, LOA Case Managers, and/or Disability Case Managers Specialists in identifying potentially fraudulent cases.
- Requires functional client knowledge, and makes decisions regarding cases and processes using discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintains skills and knowledge of FMLA, state and company policies.
- Acts as a liaison between the Customer Service Specialists, LOA Case Managers, and/or Disability Case Managers and the designated escalation process to the Clinical Case Manager as applicable.
- Assists in the recruiting and interviewing of new team members.
- Coaches and trains new team members during on-boarding as well as to assist with on-going development.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on Leave of Absence programs at Reed Group and supports the team with expert knowledge of client specific details.
- Performs side by side listening and coaching with team members to assist in the further development of staff.
- Maintains current professional development, including continuing education courses and legal updates in specialty field demonstrated on an annual basis.
- Attends department and company meetings as needed.
- Assists with work load as needed
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with FMLA, disability services or similar; knowledge of governing regulations and medical terminology.
- Expert FMLA and client knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and customer service skills, exercising diplomacy and good judgment.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Well organized, able to multi-task and identify priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills in data entry and attention to detail.
- Intermediate level computer skills using Windows 2000, Outlook, telephonic processing software and the internet.
- Be a positive, energetic and results oriented team player.
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.