Reliable Automatic Sprinkler
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Reliable Automatic Sprinkler
- 03-Sep-2019 to 02-Nov-2019 (EST)
- One Source- Denver
- Aurora, CO, USA
- Full Time
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
The Welder weld pipe outlets in accordance with the Reliable WPS requirements for Fire Protection Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks paperwork and material for accuracy and prepares required materials for fabrication
- Operates MIG and Robotic/Automated welding equipment as detailed in the Operators Training Manual
- Determines required equipment and welding methods and techniques for each order
- Analyzes weld sheets, blueprints, and assembly drawings to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Layout, positions, and secures parts and assemblies per specifications
- Inspects work for defects, dimensions, alignment, end preparations, and seam splits in pipe
- Assists other Fabricators and Welders as needed
- Reports all equipment malfunctions, safety issues, and required repairs
- Performs to company standards for production work volume
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe conditions or practice to your supervisor
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Possess strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Well-versed in MIG and automated welding techniques, practices, and machine operating procedures
- Ability to analyze weld sheets, blueprints, and assembly drawings
- Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques used for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Solid understanding of mathematics
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes welding apparel, gloves, helmets, respirators, safety glasses, lift belts and steel toe shoes etc.
- Ability to perform repetitive rotation and movement of hands and wrists quickly and efficiently
- Must have good dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to stand for 100% of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift large materials not to exceed 80 pounds
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of welding experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.